Aylesford School & Sixth Form College is seeking to appoint Exam Invigilators to work within the team of invigilators assisting in the smooth and efficient running of the examinations department, supervising students undertaking examinations in accordance with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) and school policies and procedures.
Exam Invigilators will be required for the exam periods: December 2018 and May/June 2019 and continuing in subsequent years. Hours during these periods are flexible.
Training and support will be provided.
Rate of pay = Band B, Point 8 + 12.07% holiday pay = £9.66 per hour
Exam Invigilator job description - specific duties & responsibilities
- To be familiar with the JCQ “Instructions for the Conduct of Examinations (ICE) booklet and other requirements from the Exam Boards and school examination procedures.
- To assist in the preparation of the examination rooms.
- To assist in maintaining the security of the examinations papers in accordance with JCQ instructions and ensuring that no controlled material leaves the examination room except at the direction of the Examinations Officer
- To assist in admitting the candidates to the examination rooms in a quiet and orderly manner and to help them find their correct seats.
- To assist with the distribution of question papers, ensuring each candidate has the correct papers, answer booklets and associated materials at the start of the examination as required and to issue additional paper and permitted materials, as necessary throughout the examination.
- To ensure that all candidates are aware of any erratum notices or other special instructions relating to the papers.
- To assist in the completion of the Attendance Registers and seating plans in accordance with JCQ regulations
- To supervise candidates to ensure the examinations are completed in accordance with the regulations.
- To supervise candidates if they need to leave the room for any reason, including a full evacuation and subsequent supervision of candidates in an emergency.
- To respond to candidates requests or queries as helpfully as possible, but always in adherence to the regulations
- To ensure that those candidates who have special requirements have access to those requirements and to ensure readers and scribes work within the guidelines set down by the JCQ
- Deal with any incidents in accordance with the JCQ instructions and school policy. To record those incidents and to inform the Examinations Officer at the end of the exam.
- To ensure the exams are completed within the times set by the Boards.
- To assist in the collection of papers in the correct order and to collect any other materials as necessary before the candidates are dismissed from the room.
- To dismiss candidates at the end of the exam in a controlled and orderly manner, ensuring silence as other exams may be continuing.
- To assist in the supervision of any candidate who should not be allowed to come into contact with other candidates – usually for reasons concerned with clashes.
- To return completed papers and all other associated items to the Examinations Office.
- To complete other tasks appropriate to the post under the direction of the Examinations Officer.
To apply please download and complete the application form and email to:
Anna Timson, HR Officer & Head's PA: firstname.lastname@example.org or post FAO Anna Timson, Aylesford School & Sixth Form College, Tapping Way, Warwick, CV34 6XR
Any queries please email Anna Timson, HR Officer & Head's PA: email@example.com or telephone 01926 747100
Closing date for applications is Thursday 18th October 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.