Aylesford School and Sixth Form College is a forward thinking and exciting educational environment. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our students and our community.
We are seeking to appoint a highly organised, thorough and professional individual to join our busy finance team.
The candidate we are looking for:
- Is reliable, conscientious and efficient
- Is prepared to learn on the job and undertake training
- Is able to liaise with school staff and outside suppliers to get their work done
- Can work independently but also works well in a team
We can offer:
- A friendly and positive team
- A supportive school community
- Relevant training
Experience of working in an office environment and knowledge of our SIMS FMS would be advantageous.
Hours per week: 32 hours per week
Monday-Thursdays: 9.00am – 4.00pm and Fridays: 9.00am – 3.30pm
Or a Part-time Job Share will be considered as long as there are 2 applicants who are able to facilitate a job share arrangement. Please include with your application, your preferred hours/days of working.
Term time only plus teacher training days (39 weeks)
Salary Scale: Grade D, Points 4-5, rising to Scale E Point 6 (£18,426.00 - £19,171.00) pro rata, starting on scale point 4 which equates to £13,587.91 per annum.
To be responsible to the Finance Manager in supporting the efficient administration of finance in accordance with the requirement of the Governors, EFA and external auditors.
- Input orders and invoices onto SIMs Finance system
- Administer payments & banking of monies
- Assist with cheque / BACs processing
- Assist with the administration of School Fund and Parent Pay
- Administer petty cash and school credit card transactions
- Assist the Finance Manager with preparation for year end and preparation for audit
- Liaise with Reception and the Caretaking staff to ensure delivered goods are allocated to the correct departments in school.
- Assist the Finance Manager with other administration tasks as required.
- Shadow and/or assist with relevant duties of other finance post holder as directed by the Finance Manager
General duties and responsibilities
- Typing of letters, reports, and general correspondence
- To be proficient in all ICT function to include Office outlook, Word, Excel.
- Distribute documents and materials within the school
- Other general office / administrative duties when requested by Line Manager
All members of the school support staff are expected to:
- Work towards and support the school’s vision and objectives
- Support and contribute to the school’s responsibility for safeguarding students
- Work within the school’s Health and Safety Policy to ensure a safe working environment for staff, students and visitors
- Maintain high professional standards of attendance, punctuality, appearance and conduct, and positive courteous relations with students, parents and colleagues
- Engage actively in the performance review process
- Adapt to the needs and pressures of the moment
- Adhere to school policies and procedures as set out in the staff handbook or other documentation that is available to staff
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Participate in meetings with colleagues in respect of the duties and responsibilities of the post
- Be responsible for your own professional development
- Carry out other tasks as reasonably directed by your line manager and/or head teacher
Please apply using the application form below:-
- Closing date Monday 13th May 2019
- Shortlisting Tuesday / Wednesday 14th & 15th May 2019
- Interviews w/c Monday 20th May 2019 – date to be confirmed
Please email complete application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:-
FAO Anna Timson, HR Officer & Headteacher's PA, Aylesford School & Sixth Form College, Tapping Way, Warwick, CV34 6XR
Contact Anna Timson, HR Officer & Headteacher's PA for any queries on email@example.com or telephone 01926 747100
Please note we do not accept CVs - candidates should download and complete the application form available.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.