Part Time Receptionist
We are seeking to appoint a friendly, motivated and organised individual to join our administration team.
Part Time Receptionist:-
Hours per week: 10.25 hours per week, Thursday afternoon & Friday all day
Thursdays: 12.30pm – 3.45pm and Fridays: 8.15am – 3.45pm
Term time only plus teacher training days (39 weeks)
Salary Scale: Grade D, Points 4-5 (£18,426 - £18,795.00 per annum, part time) = £4352.38 per annum pro rata
The successful candidate will work within a team of administrators to provide a full receptionist/telephonist service and clerical administration support to the school.
The successful candidate will be helpful and proactive with a willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the team. Strong interpersonal and organisational skills are essential to this role, as well as competent IT skills and accurate attention to detail.
Experience of working in an office environment and knowledge of our school database SIMS would be advantageous.
To provide a full receptionist/telephonist service and clerical administration support to the school.
- To greet all visitors to Aylesford School and provide a high level of customer service
- Answer switchboard, take and pass on messages and deal with any enquiries in a professional manner
- Assist with daily attendance calls/logging of absences
- Take deliveries/goods, deal with associated administration (security badges, signing delivery notes, contacting caretakers to assist with big deliveries
- Ensure the office and reception areas are attractive, welcoming and tidy at all times
- Show visitors around the school when required
- Support Student Services, with co-ordinating messages and/or items to be delivered to them in class or collected from Student Services
- Co-ordinate the receipt of school uniform and the student collection of uniform
- Operate the School Security gates and doors to ensure that the site remains safe and secure – communicating concerns with the Office Manager or a member of SLT
- Deal with routine enquiries, providing general information about the school and its activities – in person, by phone and by way of email
- Support the HOSP’s as and when instructed by the Office Manager; this could be making phone calls and/or arranging appointments on their behalf
- Assistance with the co-ordination and booking of Community Rooms and ensuring students attend meetings booked by HOSP’s or SLT
- The Post
- Receiving the incoming post and parcels and dealing with outgoing post and taking to the Post Office
- Preparation of parcels and examination papers for collection by courier
- Distribution of post to key personnel and staff pigeonholes.
Support the work of the school office as necessary for good efficiency:-
- To be proficient in all ICT function to include Office outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Inputting of student data onto the SIMS database
- Typing of letters, reports, agendas, minutes, worksheets and general correspondence
- Maintain and update student files
- Maintain and update signing in files for Parents/Governors/Staff/Part-time Staff
- Distribute documents and materials within the school
- Laminate and photocopy as requested
- Other general office duties when requested by Line Manager
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Participate as required in daily and weekly communication meetings
- Adapt to the needs and pressures of the moment
- With relevant training to be able to cover the basics of other team members duties such as Student Services/Clerical Support
Please apply using the application form below:-
Closing date Monday 20th January 2020
Shortlisting Tuesday 21st January 2020
Interviews Monday 27th January 2020
Please email complete application forms to Miss Anna Timson, HR Manager:- email@example.com or post to:-
FAO Anna Timson, HR Manager & Headteacher's PA, Aylesford School & Sixth Form College, Tapping Way, Warwick, CV34 6XR
Contact Anna Timson, HR Manager & Headteacher's PA for any queries on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01926 747100
Please note we do not accept CVs - candidates should download and complete the application form available.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.