We are seeking to appoint a reliable, personable and conscientious Food Technician with a positive, proactive approach.
The successful candidate will provide a high level quality of effective support and resources to enable the Design and Technology Department to deliver the curriculum.
The role is part-time, 20 hours per week, between the hours of 9am - 3pm Monday to Friday (to be arranged with the Head of Department). The role is term time only (38 weeks).
The role will be paid on Scale D, points 4-5 (£18,426 - £18,795) pro rata which term time only equates to £8274.69 per annum
The successful candidate will be able to use their own initiative to assist in the preparation and investigative work for all year groups in Food Technology subjects. Good ICT skills are essential in this role as well as an understanding of working in a food based environment. The candidate will be able to prioritise their workload on a daily basis, using good communication and organisational skills to work calmly under pressure. A flexible approach to work and the ability to tackle a wide range of tasks are key requirements of this post.
To provide high quality support and resources to enable the Food, Preparation and Nutrition department.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation and investigative work for all year groups.
- Carry out day to day cleaning of Food and Textiles equipment
- Maintain hygienic standards throughout the department to include cleaning of refrigerators, cookers, sinks, storerooms, waste containers etc and the laundry of tea towels, dishcloths etc.
- Assist in the preparation of lesson materials (cutting material, weighing out etc) for KS3 students and individual project work with KS4 students.
- Carry out reprographics as necessary; laminating, collating teaching packs and collecting raw material work
- Support the administration of the department – oversee the circulation of stock and equipment, monitoring durables and consumables. Liaise with other departments and curriculum areas, sharing and transporting resources and material when necessary
- Under the direction of the teacher i/c Food, Preparation and Nutrition, assist in the marketing, costing and purchasing of materials used in investigative work and when required, assist with Primary Liaison sessions and charity fund raising activities (Children in Need, Childline etc)
- To have a responsibility for the welfare of children and safeguarding their interests
- Other such duties as required by the teacher i/c Food, Preparation and Nutrition to support the curriculum area (assisting in packaging of materials for examination moderators, collecting and unpacking of orders etc)
Knowledge and understanding
- Be familiar with the school’s current systems as outlined in policy documents including the Health and Safety polices and Child Protection policies
- Plan workloads to agreed timescales
- Monitor quality and timescales and suggest improvements where possible
Please apply using the application form below:-
Closing date Monday 24th February 2020
Interviews To be confirmed
Please email complete application forms to Miss Anna Timson, HR Manager:- email@example.com or post to:-
FAO Anna Timson, HR Manager & Headteacher's PA, Aylesford School & Sixth Form College, Tapping Way, Warwick, CV34 6XR
Contact Anna Timson, HR Manager & Headteacher's PA for any queries on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01926 747100
Please note we do not accept CVs - candidates should download and complete the application form available.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.