We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic technician to join our dynamic and forward thinking science department.
The successful applicant will have a good understanding of working in a science based environment; they will need to have practical knowledge and skill in the use, operation and maintenance of scientific equipment with good communication & organisational skills and a flexible working approach.
- To assist science staff in developing appropriate resources for teaching and learning.
- The preparation of materials/resources for practical’s for KS3, KS4, and KS5
- Making up chemical or biological solutions
- Delivering equipment to classrooms for each lesson and collecting them afterwards.
- Cleaning used equipment - will include use of a dishwasher and hand washing
- Dispose of materials safely
- Maintain the condition of laboratories in co-ordination with the site team.
- Annual stocktaking of resources
- Regular maintenance and inspections of equipment
- Routine day to day and weekly checks of laboratory condition and safety
- Minor repairs to equipment and servicing of microscopes etc.
- Trialling practical activities and devising modifications to existing ones
- Assessing risks to pupil, staff and yourself
- Set up demonstrations and be prepared to occasionally present them.
- Occasional assistance in practical classes as required
- Assist with the running of science clubs
- Instructing students (mostly KS5) on use of specialist equipment and assisting them with operation of such equipment
- Maintaining a well ordered working environment
- Be familiar with science safety issues – COSHH and avoid potential hazards
The role is full time, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday (days/hours to be agreed with the Head of Department)
The role is 38 weeks per annum – term time only; although a flexible working approach is required as the successful applicant may be required to assist in School events such as Open Evening.
The role will be paid on salary scale D, points 4-5: £18933 - £19312.00 pro rata which equates to £15,729.39 per annum.
Interested candidates should email completed application forms FAO Anna Timson, HR Manager & Headteacher’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org
or post to:- Anna Timson, Aylesford School & Sixth Form College, Tapping Way, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34 6XR.
Closing date is Sunday 20th September 2020
Interview date to be arranged.
Please telephone 01926 747100 or email email@example.com with any queries. Please note we do not accept CVs - candidates should download and complete the application form available from the School Website.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to two positive references and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.