We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our School Support Staff as a Cover Supervisor.
This is a term time only position and will be fixed term for 12 months in the first instance. The role would suit individuals who are interested in a career in teaching or within education.
Cover Supervisor Role
The primary function of the Cover Supervisor is to:
- To provide short term cover for absent teaching staff; registering students, allocating & supervising prepared work, keeping students on task and managing the behaviour of pupils during class
- To provide support to an assigned Department when not required to provide cover
The successful candidate will have an interest in education; they will possess the ability to engage, enthuse and inspire students and will be able to managed classroom behaviour constructively in line with school policies and procedures.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to this role, as well as competent IT skills.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Level 3 qualifications, including GCSE English & Mathematics
- A willingness to gain experience of classroom practice and working with students.
- An interest in working with young people in a classroom environment.
- Good written communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest in education.
- An eagerness to learn quickly.
- Some knowledge of behaviour and learning strategies/programmes
- The ability to engage, enthuse and inspire students
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation
- Creativity and resilience
- Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
Please refer to the documents in the application pack below for more information.
Hours per week: 31.25 hours per week
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 3.15pm
38 weeks per annum (Term Time Only)
The Post will be paid on Salary Grade F, Points 7-10 (£20,092 - £21,748.00 per annum pro rata) which equates to a term time only pro rata salary of £14,098.20 per annum
Please apply using the application form which is downloadable below.
- Closing date is Sunday 20th September 2020.
- Shortlisting will take place on Monday 21st September 2020.
Interview date to be confirmed.
Please email complete application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Anna Timson, HR Manager & Headteacher's PA for any queries on email@example.com
Please note we do not accept CVs - candidates should download and complete the application form available.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.