Achievements & Results
Congratulations to all our Year 11 students who are receiving their GCSE exam grades.
These excellent results reflect the hard work, dedication and resilience of our young people in the face of the difficulties created by these extraordinary times. They are also a testament to the constant support that they have received both from their families and from the teachers who have taught them during their time at Aylesford School. We are confident that these results will now allow all our students to continue their studies and move confidently forward with the careers of their choice in the coming years.
Tim Hodgson, Headteacher
20th August 2020
Dear Parents and Carers
Following the Government’s announcement yesterday afternoon regarding this year’s Post-16 qualifications we are now able to update student results in line with the Centre Assessed Grade (CAG) that we provided in July as the result that they would be most likely to achieve in their examinations.
It is important to note that If the national standardising process had previously resulted in a grade that was higher than the Centre Assessment Grade, then this grade will stand so the student is still awarded the higher grade. Those results that were not altered from those originally provided by the school will remain unaffected by these changes..
All candidates should contact our Examinations Officer, Mrs Bayliss directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive notification of their final Post-16 grades.
This has been a distressing, frustrating and confusing time for many of our students, their families and teachers. We hope that this latest development will provide some much needed clarity and reassurance for all those involved.
Tim Hodgson, Headteacher
18th August 2020
A Level Results 2020
Outcomes for External Examinations in 2019
The school is pleased to share the outcomes at both GCSE and Post 16 qualifications for 2019. Students, supported by their parents and teachers should be proud of the achievement garnered from all their hard work and efforts.
GCSE Provisional results 2019
- Progress 8: + 0.08: national 0
- Attainment 8: 48.9: national 46
- English best grade 4+ 80% : national 71.5%
- English best grade 5+ 70% : national 54.7%
- Maths grade 4+ 80% : national 74.7%
- Maths grade 5+ 55% : national 51.9%
- Science overall 4+ 72%
- Science(Double Award) 4+ 64% : national 57.5%
- En/Ma Basic 4+ 70%
- En/Ma 5+ 48.6%: national 46%
- Humanities 4+ against entry 64%
- Languages 4+ against entry 94%
- 5 or more subjects at 4+ GCSE incl. En/Ma 68%
- 5 or more subjects at 4+ GCSE overall 73%
- 5 or more subject passes at grade 1-9 99%
- Percentage of all grades at 4+ 76% (national 67%)
- Percentage of all grades at 7+ 20% (national 20%)
A Level and BTEC Level 3 Provisional Results 2019
- A*/A Dist * 20%
- A*/B Dist+ 40%
- A*-C Merit+ 74%
- A*-E Pass+ 95%